With the exception of clean drinking water, no other human health intervention has the impact of vaccination on reducing infectious disease. Why Immunize?
- Everyone!! Costs depend on specific vaccinations(s) needed, insurance status and Medicaid status. PHDM is now billing insurances for adults and children.
- Call for more information
Services:More than 26 diseases are now vaccine preventable.
- Childhood Immunizations
- Adult Immunizations
- Influenza Vaccinations
- Information and Education
- Measles can be Serious
- 1997 - Public Health is one of five health departments in Michigan to receive the Governor's Award for being over the 90% immunization rate.
- 2000 - Public Health is one of six local WIC programs in Michigan to receive a state award for outstanding immunization assessment rates.
- 2008 - Public Health administered: 4,964 immunizations and 4,137 flu vaccines.
- 2010 - Public Health administered: 4,370 immunizations and 2,557 flu vaccines.
- 2013 - Public Health administered: 3,505 immunizations and 1,397 flu vaccines.
- 2014 - Public Health administered: 2,976 immunizations and 1,513 flu vaccines.
- Vaccine-preventable diseases can have a costly impact. For every dollar spent on vaccines:
- DTaP saves $27 in health care costs
- MMR saves $13 in health care costs
- Varicella saves $5.40 in health care costs
- Parents see fewer work days interrupted to stay home with sick children and businesses have better productivity levels.
- Vaccination is a collective activity - Immunizing a large part of the population can lead to protection fo an entire group of people, resulting in a global impact.
- Vaccination is one of the greatest public health achievements of the 20th century.
- Vaccines Work!
Immunization appointments are available:
- Tuesdays* (Delta Office) Time: (9:00am - 5:00pm)
- Mondays* (1:00pm - 4:00pm) and Wednesdays (8:00am - 12:00pm) (Menominee Office)
Other appointment dates may be available. Please call to schedule an appointment.
*Evening clinics are on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month in the Delta Office (11:00am - 7:00pm) and the 1st and 4th Monday of the month in the Menominee Office (1:00pm - 5:00pm).
Call for an Appointment or InformationEscanaba Office: 906-786-4111 (Ext. 8165)
Menominee Office: 906-863-4451