Prime For Life
Prime For Life is a science-based alcohol and drug program designed to help young people examine their attitudes and behaviors concerning alcohol and drug use. It promotes behavior change and helps reduce risk for future problems.
Potential referral sources for the Prime For Life class include:
- Juvenile Diversion
- Probate Court
- District Court
- School personnel
Overview of Class:
The PFL class helps young people recognize the things they value in life and how to protect them. Participants will:
- Learn the difference between high-risk and low-risk alcohol/drug choices.
- Learn that anyone who makes high-risk alcohol or drug choices can develop addiction or other problems (accidents, injuries, losses).
- Learn how past and current choices have and are affecting them and the people around them.
- Learn how to self-assess their own level of progression toward alcoholism/drug addiction.
- Discuss the pros and cons of making high-risk and low-risk choices.
- Explore supports and challenges for making low-risk choices.
- Develop a plan to succeed at making low-risk choices in the future.
Call Public Health, Delta & Menominee Counties2920 College Avenue
Escanaba, MI 49829
S904 US 41
Stephenson, MI 49887