What does a syringe service program do?
Provides services and encourages harm reduction practices for drug consumption until individuals are ready for recovery.
What is harm reduction?
Strategies aimed at reducing the negative effects of an individual's drug use.
What happens at the first visit?
Staff will talk with you to help figure out supplies and services that may be helpful. You do not have to answer questions to receive supplies. All discussions are confidential.
What supplies/services are available?
- Safe injection supplies - including syringes
- Syringe disposal & containers for home
- Overdose Prevention Training - Naloxone nasal spray and overdose prevention education
- Safer sex supplies
- Wound care supplies - alcohol pads, triple antibiotic ointment, bandages
- HIV & Hepatitis C Testing (when available)
- Support for individuals with questions about recovery and treatment options
Do you have to exchange used syringes for new ones?
We encourage you to bring used syringes back for safe disposal, but it is not required.
Can I pick up supplies for someone else?
Absolutely! Please share with friends or family members who are using to help keep everyone safer.